Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Gypsy Wagon Project Is Underway!

Confession 1: My art room is trashed again but I've been making minis like mad!
Confession 2: I've gained weight from sitting on my butt painting things or in front of the computer too much.
Congession 3: I bought a Tai Chi video and just need to do it.

Between my many other projects (Steampunk, Spooky, Alien) I've been working my way through my first Miniature Gypsy Wagon Project! I have several themes in mind but began with a Blue Celestial magic wares wagon. After much thought I will offer these custom wagons stocked with goods but without a driver or yoked animals.

Below are my first pictures of the Blue Celestial wagon. I began with a vintage wooden wagon kit that I greatly altered with wire, additional wood pieces, pressed aluminum to mimic carving, and found ojects and jewelry findins. After all the main components were in place, I spray painted it flat black. Then I gave it the basic acrylic blue, pale green, and a hint of lilac acrylic colors. This was then washed over with more blue and then drybrushed with the light green. Who knows what will happen next?

Here is the Snake Charmers Wagon still under construction. The cage will be removable so you can put whatever beastie in you want!

Creation out of chaos... hey I know where everything is!

5 comments:

The Old Maid said...

Nice idea! Hope to see it ready soon :)

dalesdreams said...

Very cool, Grim. That is a great idea. :)

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Grim, Can't wait to see how these look when you are done. I know they will be super cool.

Victoria

Wendie-kins said...

ooh I like these projects :o) I had a mini caravan when I was small, I think I was too small to look after it properly and never truly appreciated it back then.... so Im enjoying watching how you make this, maybe one day I shall get around to having another of my own ?

Jo Raines said...

Oh, my goodness! You are so talented and creative! Unbelievable!

Jody

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails